Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Stampede Wooden Boot

A Dallas Stampede Swag Bag goodie was a wooden cut out of the boot from the Old West Cartridge. I thought I would share with you all my decorated boot.

I cut the boot from Old West at 8 inches, but I hid most of the cuts on my Gypsy. I used some Cowgirl themed pattern paper I found at Michaels as well as a sheet I bought at the Stampede in one of the stores.

I cut the toe and strap layers from Bazzil Bling.

I also cut the Dallas and its shadow at .92 inches and Stampede was cut at .73 inches. Both were cut from Old West, in brown smooth card stock and the top layer of Dallas was also cut in Bazzil Bling.

The Date was cut smaller than Stampede, but I forgot to write down the exact measurement.
I inked all the edges of the boot cuts as well as the words using Chestnut Roan Chalk ink.

The Circle Logo was cut from Cricut Everyday at 3.2 inches. It was also cut in Bazzil Bling. I sized down a Picture of Missie and I in our hats and stuck it inside the circle logo. I then pop-dotted it up.

Here is a picture of the back side.


I plan on printing out a couple more photos from the Stampede and putting them on the back side. I am waiting to see if some of my roomies have a picture of all of us together, as I neglected to take one! LOL

Thanks for stopping by...

Have a Great ans Crafty Day!

Jan

7 comments:

  1. Awesome job Jan! I may have to scraplift this this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, you did a great job! That is darling. Glad to hear you had a good time. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. That had to have been an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the boot. I still haven't touched mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute boot, I've seen so many pictures from the event. I'm sure it was fun.

    ReplyDelete