Today I am sharing a couple of projects I have scrap-lifted from some circle friends.
The First project is a Twilight themed mini-album from Elizabeth at 217 Creations. As soon as I saw this project on Liz's blog, I knew I needed to make it for my BFF, who is a crazy Twilight fan.
Here is a link to Elizabeth's Blog: www.217creations.com. Click here to see Liz's Twilight Album and her gypsy files. While you are there, check out all her other fantastic projects! She is one super talented Lady!
So here is my version of the album. Its pretty much the same as Liz's except for a couple of the accents inside the album. I only added pics for the different accents. If you want to see the each page, visit 217 Creations and watch Liz's Video on her album.
I made this piece with some jewelry findings I picked up at Michael's on the clearance rack. I colored the top of the epoxy disc using alcohol Ink in Cranberry, and then I placed a Sticker on a white sheet of cardstock and adhered it to the reverse side of the epoxy disc and then glued it to the metal backing.
On this page, Liz made her own apple, but I found a coordinating box of chipboard elements on the clearance rack at JoAnn's so I used it instead. I added a little glimmer mist to the apple for some shimmer.
Here I used an actual piece of ribbon, as I didn't own the cartridges that Liz used for her ribbon accent. I just adhered the ribbon using Terrifically Tacky Tape.
Here I used I think Gypsy Font and one other font, I can't remember for the capital I. I then used some stickles to accent the letters I cut.
I also scraplifted the idea for her birthday card. She is a big scrabble fan, and I hate playing against her, as she knows all those ridiculous "scrabble words" that have been made up just so scrabble players can make two-lettered words using X and Q ! LOL anyhoo... I got this idea from Quiltfrog. She also has some wonderful stuff on her blog, so pop on over there and visit as well. Quiltfrog's Blog: Www.quiltfrog.blogspot.com. Click here to see her original card project
I made a change to her original design, as I took my scrabble board and scanned it and enlarged it so the tiles from Printing 101 cut at one inch would fit. I also added an inside sentiment.
My finished card size is 6" square.
I am happy to say that my BFF LOVED both the projects. So thanks Ladies for your inspirations!
These two projects are part of my July Cartridge challenge...sort of.. Well my challenge was to use Printing Press, and after i got my project all done I realized that the scrabble tiles were from Printing 101 NOT Printing Press. oops...lol
So...Printing Press went back into the jar to be pulled again another month. Sheesh, you'd think I'd double check my own challenge before embarking on a project. LOL I had one cartridge that I never got around to using in July, and that was Very Merry Tags. I hope to get to it soon.
Have a Great and Crafty Day!