Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hat shaped Graduation Card

Hi all,
Today I am sharing a card I made for my daughter's friends Graduation Party.

I used Wild Card for the card shape and the class of 2011. I forgot to write down the sizes I cut everything at. I think I used fit to page for the card, and the title I sized using my Gypsy to fit on the front.

It may be hard to see, but I cut the card twice so I could make the top of the hat two layers. I then made a tassel using some skinny ribbon I had in my stash, and attached it to the top of the hat using a brad.

The inside of the card has a yellow tag made using two Stampin' Up punches and a SU Happy Graduation stamp.


I haven't made many of these shaped cards. I did not cut the corresponding envelope for this card, but used a store bought 6.5" square envelope. Maybe next card I cut from here, I'll cut the matching card with it. I have been told that you need to cut the envelope first, then size the card accordingly. maybe I'll add that to my list of things to try for the month of August.

Thanks for visiting today.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

1 comment: