Hi all! Todays's post is a layout I made to enter into the weekly challenge over on the Cricut Circle Blog.
Weekly Challenge #28: Creepy Crawlies Challenge!
The Challenge: Create a scrapbook page about the things that bug you. Use a bug somewhere on your project.
Well, what really bugs me is dirty dishes left in the sink. Bleech! I don't consider myself to be very OCD or anything, I just don't get leaving a big stack of yucky dishes in the sink. That is what the dishwasher is for. Actually it was very hard to leave the dishes in the sink long enough to take the picture! LOL
This is another double duty project, as it uses another one of my monthly challenge cartridges, Paisley. I cut the Bee and the little lady bugs from the Paisley Cart. The Bee was cut at 4 in. I added some stickles to her wings and antennae ends. I then free cut some "hands" for her to hold her dish and dishrag. Her Dish is just a couple of circles using some punches I have. Her dishrag is a scrap of ribbon. The apron is from the Nifty Fifties cartridge. I used my Gypsy to size the apron to fit the bee better. It was cut at 2 in. I then trimmed off the top of the apron by hand. I added some stickles to the apron as well.
The little ladybugs were cut at about .75 in. I used my gypsy to hide the contours on the ladybugs wings because the cuts were going to be so small. I just used some stickles to make her dots instead.
I cut the sink and dishes from the Chore Chart cartridge. The sink is cut at 3.71 in. I left off the extra top layer of the sink as I really like the little blue dotted paper. I did add some stickles over the "water flow". The dishes I sized to fit in the sink.
The title was cut from Cuttin' Up. The lower case letters are cut at 1 in. The word BUGS is sized at 1.25 in. I used my cuttlebug embossing folder, Swiss Dots, on them.
I pop-dottd the word Bugs as well as the sink itself and the apron on Ms. Bee.
All the patterned paper is from DCWV Flower Shower Sring Stack from last year. The solid cardstock is from my stash, I think it is Bazzil textured. Finishing touches included inking most edges with Colorbox chalk in Charcoal and some Divine Twine in Green Apple.
It was alot of fun to plan a layout on a subject I wouldn't normally consider scrapbooking in the first place. It makes me want to do more "out of the box" scrapbooking inthe future.
Thanks for visiting.
Have a Great and Crafty Day!