Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hooray I Crafted! Cricut Circle Blog Weekly Challenge.

Hi All! I am so super excited to have finally crafted again. It has been quite a while since I have felt good enough to make anything, and I am so happy to be feeling better.

I haven't entered a challenge on the Cricut Circle Blog is a while. I am glad they offer these challenges, as it has helped me to get motivated again.

Here is the challenge:

Weekly Challenge #40: Glittery Card Sketch Challenge!

The Challenge: This week we want to see your interpretation of the following card sketch. Please include some kind of glitter or bling on your card.

Rules and Guidelines: Circle Blog Challenges are open to Cricut Circle Members only. Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include at least 2 Cricut Image Cuts. You must submit a project to be entered into the Challenge Prize Drawing. One entry per person, please.



Here is my Entry:




I used my new Close to my Heart: Art Philosophy Cartridge to make the two cuts needed for the challenge. I used the star on page 65 and the banner on page 68.

I also used the coordinating star stamp that came in the bundle. (What a FANTASTIC idea CTMH!)

The Cardstock is all Recollections brand from Michaels. The striped patterned paper is Basic Grey Gypsy.

I used a brand new embossing folder, called Tiny Stars from the Paper Studio, a Hobby Lobby Brand.

I cut the star three times in different colored cardstock. I then stamped tone on tone for the red and orange stars and the green star I used versamark Ink and glitter embossing powder. I added some tiny bling to the centers of the stars. I adhered the bottom star flush on the paper and then used one layer of foam tape for the orange star and two layers of foam tape for the green star.

I used Zing white embossing powder for the Best Wishes greeting on the banner cut. I then tied some red/white twine on the end. and added some pen stitching.

I had distressed all the edges on the card using my Stampin' Up distressing tool.

Here is the inside:



I just LOVE this cartridge and all the awesome coordinating stamps and things that Close to my Heart has. When I look through the catalog, I just want it all! If you are interested in some close to my heart products, my friend Missie is a consultant. Here is a link to her blog where she has some great CTMH deals going on.

Thanks for visiting!

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

1 comment:

  1. I love the card and all the details about it. I can never remember everything I used or the names, Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete