Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

2011 Christmas Card

Hi all!

I just want to put up a quick post of my Christmas Card for this year.
It is a super simple card. The scalloped base and large circle layer were cut using Art Philosophy cart. This is my new Go-To cart. There are so many images on this cart, and EVERY button and shift key is filled, unlike many of PC's newer cartridges.

I really hope Close To My Heart comes up with another fully designed cartridge. I would buy it for sure!

I stamped some images using Stampin' Up craft Ink in Whisper White. The snowflake stamp is one I picked up a few years ago. I wish I had saved the packaging so I could tell you who made it, but alas, it is a mystery.

The Let it Snow stamp is a Fiskars' simple stick, repositional stamp that I picked up this year. I have to say, that although I love to be able to see through the acrylic stamps, I really like the crisp images you get from a rubber stamp. The Fiskars' stamps are tacky so they stick to the clear blocks very nicely.

I added some glitter to the card fronts using this AWESOME glue pen my friend hooked me up with. Its called Write 'n' Rub foiling pen. I traced where I wanted glitter, then you let the glue dry until its clear. Then it is tacky for ever so you can do all your gluing first and then go back and add the glitter. Its great for mass-production things like Christmas cards. I will say that the glue is a little smelly, but its a small matter for such an great working product. I will definitely be adding more of these to my adhesive arsenal.

Gotta run...Christmas is fast approaching and I still need to finish a few things as well as make my cookies! .....Where DID the time go this year?

Thanks for visiting today.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment