Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Xmas tree made out of a book

Hi all!

I wanted to share a tree I made out of an old paperback book that I didn't really like.
I got the idea from the December 2011 Issue of Family Circle Magazine.
After following the folding directions in the magazine, I inked the edges of the folds using Tim Holtz's Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I then sprayed the entire tree with adhesive and poured two types of glitter all over it. Well its pretty sparkly, but it sheds glitter an awful lot. My apologies to the recipients of this gift. LOL

This tree has absolutely no Cricut on it! Gasp! The only cuts on the entire project are the stars on top and I used some Creative Memories Punches for those.
They are cut onto some silver foil paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I then inked them up using Stampin' Up inks in Blushing Bride and Tempting Turquoise.

The Garlands are made using twine in pink and blue. The bells and beads were from my stash.



I tied the little beads to the blue twine, but then decided that the beads needed some glitter, so I went back and put glossy accents on all the beads and dipped them in glitter.


For the pink twine, I braided three strand and just attached a blue bead inside the middle string every so often. I later glitter these beads as well.


I have been LOVING using glitter lately. Yup,.. its a big mess everywhere and my family has stopped pointing out that I have glitter all over my face and clothes, but I just don't think that Stickles gives the same coverage that using glue and glitter does.


Thanks for visiting today.

Have a Glittery Holiday!

Jan




2 comments:

  1. Love it, you do such amazing work. Hope your Holidays were great, I had an amazing week in NC.

    ReplyDelete