Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

52 Tags Challenge for 2012: Weeks 1-4

Hi all,
Janis at Pause Dream Enjoy has a year long challenge to make a tag a week and at the end of the year you have a nice tag album. You can find all the details here. I am hoping to complete this challenge this year. I have been following the challenge so far, but have yet to post any of the tags I have made.

So here are my tags:
Week 1: What are your goals, hopes dreams, resolutions:
This is from the Daily Grind paper line. It pretty much sums up my goals for this year. All I did was accent the hearts and flowers with diamond glaze and added some glitter to the word play and the me in time on the bottom.

All my tags are from Elegant Edges. Pg 38 Oblong Shift. cut at 5 inches.

Here is the backside of the tag, listing my actual goals. I used a CTMH stamp set to make the patterned paper, and an older journal card from Creative Memories. (use what I have!)
Here is week 2:
What is the last book you read? Well mine was The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I am a big fan of The Lord of the Rings and I haven't read The Hobbit in many years, so I thought I would re-read it again.
The main character was created using the beardless gnome from Freshly Picked. I confess, I do not really like to make "people" in my crafting. I never can get their faces right, and I don't own any peachy Keen face stamps. (gasp!) Anyway...the sword and Mountains are from Paper Doll Dress Up, and the dragon is from Pagoda. That cloud paper is printed from my Imagine Best Friends.

Here is week 3: What do you think of when you hear "Warm and Cozy"
Well I think of snuggling in front of the fireplace:
The fireplace is from Christmas Cheer. I cut it several times in different colors and hand cut the pieces to get those extra layers. The Couch I made welding a couple of shapes from George together on my Gypsy. The hair pieces are from Paper Doll Dress Up. I used Rosie Day Embossing folder for the background.
Here is the back of Warm and Cozy..I found this great little journal card with a Fireplace on it in my stash! The sticker is Creative Memories.
Week 4: What are your favorite colors:
Mine are Pink and Green. I just love those color! My background paper was made with several different border stickers in my colors. I layered them next to each other and then trimmed off the edges. The font is Gypsy Font, welded together. I added some bling too!


Well..Hopefully I will be able to keep up with this challenge. I have pre-cut my base pieces to save me some time later on.

Go check out the challenge at Pause Dream Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting today.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!
Jan

6 comments:

  1. Jan- Great tags and you will have a memorable album when you are finished. I find it hard to scrap about me or even write about me so I think this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, I love all of these tags! And wow - you are all caught up now too. Thank you so much for playing. Each of your tags are so special. I love the story behind each one and that couch on warm and cozy. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Hugs! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great challenge to take part in, talk about staying motivated! Your tags look great, I especially like the pink and green one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute tag! Love it. I just read Joann will be carrying Peachy Keen Stamps, I'm not sure of the details of whether they will be in store or on line but I'm looking forward to adding some to my collection and hoping to use a coupon on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous tags Jan! so glad Janis is hosting this fun series!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jan! Great news! You won the January Tag challenge prize! Please email me at craftyjanis at live dot com with your mailing address so I can pass it along to our sponsor who will mail out your prize. Congratulations! Please email me within one week. If I don't hear from you, I'll have to draw a new winner.

    ReplyDelete