Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cookie Jar

Hi all!

One thing I love about having all my tools and supplies, is how easy it is to whip out a quick project.

I bought this jar at TJ Maxx the other day, because we needed a cookie jar that was clear. We tend to forget we have cookies in the house when we can't see them. They get lost in the pantry and when we had an opaque cookie jar we forgot stuff was in there. Stale cookies are such a buzz kill! LOL

I knew immediately that I wanted to use some vinyl on it. I used the From my Kitchen Cartridge. It had the Cookies phrase on it, and the cookies are also from that cartridge. I used my Gypsy to hide the gingerbread man cookie and only cut the chip cookie.

The black vinyl is permanent vinyl. I have used it to label mugs and such and washed those items in the dishwasher and the vinyl has stayed on. I am not sure of the longevity of the light brown vinyl used for the top layer of the cookies. That is Quickutz vinyl purchased from Hobby Lobby.

I love using vinyl for home decor as well as more intricate cuts for paper products. If you haven't cut any vinyl yet, I highly recommend giving it a try.

Have a Crafty day!

Jan

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that cookie jar & will probably have to do one for my kitchen! TFS

    ReplyDelete