Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bookmark and Book Gift Box

Hi all!

Today I am sharing my entry into the Cricut Circle Blog Monthly Challenge.
The challenge is to make a gift for someone.

I made this Gift Box to look like a book to hold the bookmark I made.
For the box, I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Match2 blackout cut on pg. 65. I then sized some rectangles from George to fit slightly larger than the box base for the covers. I cut them out of chipboard, and covered them with a patterned paper from my stash. I scored a piece of Black Magic Cardstock for the spine. I cut the word Read from a font on Calligraphy Collection that I welded together with my Gypsy.



I scored the edges of the box to look like pages in a book.

I lined the box with a page cut form an old book. I inked up the edges with Distress Ink. I hand cut the tab that holds the magnetic closure on the inside of the box.

Here is a close -up of the bookmark I made.

I am a complete novice when it comes to beading, but I really wanted to make this bookmark using the book cut from Graphically Speaking.

I cut the base cut at 1.5 inches using Shrinky Dinks. I then hand colored the details on the plastic. I shrunk it with my heat gun. It may be hard to see, but the book isn't flat. While it was warm I bent it to a shape more like an open book.

I then covered the white areas with a fine white glitter and some diamond glaze.
I am making these for my daughter's teachers and aides. I am really excited for how they turned out. I will probably make them all a little different, as many of those beads are older ones from my stash and I need to make 8 of these.


Thanks for visiting today.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

6 comments:

  1. This is just so neat. The box is as much a gift as the beautiful bookmark. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! great idea! the bookmark is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific project! You are so creative! Beautiful work!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice project!! I love the box and the bookmark, very crafty! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jan! Your creativity always amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice.Thanks for your tip

    ReplyDelete