Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spring Layout

Hi all,

Today I am sharing a layout I made for a friend.

Most of the papers used were from a Finished in a Flash Kit from Paper Wishes that I have had in my stash for a while now. The only cartridge I used was Botanicals for the butterfly/floral cuts as well as the font.


Here is a close up of my butterflies:

I cut the images twice, once in patterned paper and once in vellum. I then hand cut out the butterflies so I could add some dimension to the them. I placed gems along the centers of all the butterfly cuts.

Here is a close-up of the Spring Title:

I used a Stampin'Up Sizzix Embosslits to make those tiny butterflies by the title. I then attached them to the paper using my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher for the bodies. I used a Fiskars Border punch for the edge.


I added a few gem swirls from Want 2 Scrap that I picked up at a Scrapbook Expo.

Recipe:

Butterfly 1 and its Shift @ 6.5 in.
Butterfly3 and its shift @ 4.0 in
Font and shift @ .92 in.
Fiskars Border Punch
Stampin' Up Sizzix Embosslits Beautiful Wings
Papers; Hot off the Press Finished in a Flash Kit. Paper Studio Vellum
Gems
Tim Holtz Tiny Staples

Thanks for visiting today.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

2 comments:

  1. I commented on FB but I better comment here , too! I love my LO it is beautiful. Thank you very very much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I love the butterflies being 3-D. Wish our weather was more Spring here! :)
    :)Khrista

    ReplyDelete