Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Birthday Cake Box

Here is a project for my Cartridge Challenge for this month: Tie the Knot

I made a cake box and decorated it for a friends birthday.



I cut the box base at 11.74 inches. I used my gypsy and rotated the image and used a 12 x 24 mat to get the biggest box I could. I then cut the base twice. Once in posterboard and once using DCWV Adhesive backed Pattern Carstock in 12x24. I then carefully layered the pieces together. I then cut the lid for the cake box also out of poster board. I added a pink layer on top of the white and I embossed it with the Divine Swirls Cuttlebug folder. I had to run it through my Sizzix twice to get the entire triangle embossed, and there was a line between the two embossings, but that is where I put the 30.


For the 30: I cut the Thirty at 2.23 inches from Birthday Bash. I cut each letter twice and then embossed one set with Sizzix Diamonds folder. I then took a small piece of acetate, left over from some packaging and folded it. I then adhered the 30 to the front and back of the acetate right at the fold. Now the 30 stands up.

I then cut a small slit in the pink paper and slid the bottm half of the acetate stand under the paper.

I used some organza ribbon in brown and gathered it on a thread for the frosting. I attached it to the pink paper using my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. I then attached the entire topper on the box lid. I finished the cake off with some small roses ribbon that I have had in my stash forever.

Have a Great and Crafty Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment