Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Crazy Birthday Centerpiece

Hello all! While I am away at the Dallas Stampede, I thought I would share with you a crazy centerpiece I made for my friend who will turning 30 this week. I made this springy bouquet using Accent Essentials for all the flowers. Mark another cartridge off of this month's challenge! HOORAY!


First Thing I did was paint a 3.5" square block of wood black, and then I covered it with Martha Stewart Glitter in Black Onyx. I LOVE MS Glitter!!! While the glitter was drying I spent some time twisting various colors of Jewelry wire into springs and bendy stems.

I cut 5 different shapes from Accent Essentials. I cut each base twice (once flipped on my Gypsy so I can layer them back to back) and one of the top layers. I cut one of each of the five layers in six different colors of Bazzil Bling paper. The base layers I cut in Black Glitter paper from Target.

The 30's were cut from Birthday Bash. They were also cut in the same colors of Bazzil Bling. The Happy Birthday on the base of the cube was cut from Cricut Classic Font in glitter paper, also from Target. I finished each flower with a sparkly tulle bow in matching colors.

Here are some close-up's of some of the flowers.




I made 30 flowers of course, and then I drilled quite a few holes on the top of the block. The flowers just sit in the holes, they are not glued. I wanted to make transport of this to Dallas as easy as possible.

Have a Great and Crafty Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment