Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Library Bags using Yudu

Hi All! My daughter's have discovered the delights of our local Library, so we have been going once a week this summer. I decided to make the girls their own tote bags to carry and store their library books in.
I am really loving my Yudu machine today! These totes were so easy to screen...we went from plain bag to screened and out the door in about an hour! I used outdoor grade vinyl on my screen instead of emulsion. I find it works great and costs a fraction of what emulsion costs. This particular brand is from H & H sign Supply online. It is GT5 Intermediate vinyl. I purchased it in a roll of 12" by 10 yards.

I planned my design using Graphically Speaking Cartridge and my gypsy. I placed the images centered on my mat and then cut the vinyl out. I did not reverse the image as I placed the vinyl on the TOP of my screen. I popped it in my YUDU, flooded the screen and pulled once....Voila! I quickly dried the ink on the tote bag with my heat gun and then heat set it again using my iron. We were out the door in no time.

I also made some little monogram tags for each bag so the girls can tell theirs apart. Both girls picked which mini monogram they wanted for thie bag and I cut them using QuickKutz vinyl I picked up from Hobby Lobby. I then quickly laminated each tag using my Yourstory machine, punched a hole in the corner and stuck a keychain on it. I hung the tags from the bag handles.

A quick and fun little summer project.

Thanks for visiting and have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

3 comments:

  1. What fun...crafting, reading, family enjoyment..all the best things in life represented in one project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! As a librarian I think it's extra cool! :)

    ReplyDelete