Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Monogram Hats for Passport Hat Pins

Hi All,
Just popping in with a quick post on some hats we made for my daughters. Michael's Crafts stores is currently running a kids craft program called the Passport to fun. Every Tuesday, Thursday, ans Saturday until July 30th, they are offering free kids projects in the store. Each day has a different country theme and there are two projects; a craft and a hat pin.

My daughter's are having a lot of fun going to Michael's and making these projects. So we bought them each a hat to wear to Michael's and to display the hat pins that they are making. Each girl choose her own monogram from the Hello Kitty Font cartridge and I reversed the images, cut them in Heat Transfer Vinyl and ironed them on the hats.

Here is a close-up of the pins they have made so far:
A moose from Canada (He was actually the regular craft, but the lady running it gave us pins to go on the back of him too!) The Bell is from Germany.
The mummy is from Egypt. (Isn't he just too cute?), the Lei is from the Bahamas.
The Maple Leaf is the Canada Pin.

There are still 14 more countries projects for my girls to complete. If you have little ones, I really recommend going to a few of these. they are free and don't take up too much time.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment