Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Smash book project - part 1

Hi all. Life has been so crazy here that I just haven't had time to post. I have a few posts that I hope to have up by later tonight or tomorrow.

I am still working on my smash book project. I had grand plans to post my ongoing progress, but as life goes, here we are at the end of the month and I haven't posted one progress post. lol

So..I thought I would share what I have done so far....
I wanted to do a theme of the Month of July. I was trying to give a fairly good picture of what our life is like on a day to day basis here.

I have the book taken apart, as it was easier to rearrange the pages that I have worked on so far. No page is complete yet, as I have to do some journaling on some of the pages.

Here is a calendar page


I have been trying to use up things in my stash, so I have been using stickers where I can. I'll admit, I don't use many stickers anymore since I discovered my Cricuts, and I have a huge stash of them, so I am glad to be using some of those up. I did cut the July 2011 from Nursery Rhymes. I really like that font. I have used it quite a few times.


Here is a page on a family BBQ we had. The top note is cut from my Imagine, I flood filled the stock shape using the Best Friends Cartridge. I printed it on the reverse side of a store-bought printed paper. Instant two sided paper! I love the Imagine for this. The Grill was cut from Block Party Lite Cartridge.
Here is a 4th of July page. I used Independence Day for the title and the firecrackers. The journal tags and diecuts were from Yankee Doodles paper from We R Memory keepers.
Here is some paper from Simple Stories - 100 Days of Summer from Archivers. The felt flower is from my stash from last Valentine's Day. The paperclip I got from Staples. It looks like the ones that K&Co sell as their "Smash" clips, but I got a whole lot bigger package with many cool colors for a fraction of the price.
This is on the playgrounds we have played at this month. I am still working on most of these pages. The embellishments are Jolee's foam stickers that I have had for years.
Here is a page that is going to have some journalling about what we did when the weather was too hot or rainy to be outside. I printed the cloud papers using my Imagine and Best Friends and Hopscotch cartridges. The kid with the umbrella and the Rain title are from Nursery Rhymes.


Here is a record of the weather/temperatures for the month. I added a little Arizona die cut from K & Co. and an arrow cut from Going places. It talks about how phoenix had an actual temperature of 118 degrees. OOh that is hot.
Here is a close up of some of my journaling as well as a news paper clipping about the extreme rain Chicago was hit with. I stamped the arrow.


I will upload the rest of my progress in the next post.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment