Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Card- Cricut Blog Challenge

Hi all! Happy Father's Day! I hope all the Dad's out there are enjoying their special day.

Today I am sharing the Father's Day Card I made for my Hubby. I am also submitting it to the Cricut Circle Blog Challenge. It is a sketch challenge and we have to use at least 2 cricut cuts.

Here is the Sketch:


And Here is my card:
I used Paper from the Cosmo Cricket's Happy Camper line. I used the Hiker form Car Decals and cut him at about 3". I had cut papers to layer behind him. I inked my edges and used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher on my sentiment.

Here is a picture of the inside: I have really been wanting to make something from the new Circle Cartridge: Pop-Up Neighborhood. I loved the little camper pop-up.
I sized the camper pop-up at 3.62, which was the longest I could fit on a 12x12 sheet of paper. I then cut all the camper layers at that size.
I then cut a 12x6 sheet of cardstock for the card base. I also sized the background layers, which are listed as accessory in the pop-up manual, to fit on the 6x6 card. I used two different background layers to make my scene.

Here is a close-up of the pop-up layer. Originally this pop-up is to be a two-sided caper that pops up in the middle of the card. I didn't really care for that type, as I wanted to use the backgrounds too, so I trimmed off the "pop-up" layer and just used the more traditional tabs to make the pop-up. Also on the backgrounds, I used some small pop dots under some of the layer features to give the background more dimension.


I am pretty happy with how this card came out, even if I didn't make the pop-up in the way that it was designed. I will have to experiment more with this cartridge in the future.

Thanks for visiting today.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

2 comments:

  1. That is just the cutest father's day card. You did a great job!!!! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! you have been busy this weekend! I love all the new projects you posted!

    ReplyDelete