Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Teacher's Gifts- Greenbean's Hand Scrub

Hello all! I hope everyone has been having a good summer vacation so far. I am glad the school year is over, it seemed like it was such a long year. The start of Summer vacation was quite a hectic time, because of Alex's birthday party.

I realized that in focusing so much on Alex's birthday party, I completely forgot to make Teacher Appreciation gifts!..EEKS! So in addition to prepping for her party I had to quick whip out some teacher gifts.

Well its Greenbean's Crafterole to the rescue! I remember a post Greenbean did about homemade hand scrub and I decided I could whip up a few of these for the girls teacher's quickly. Here is a link to Greenbean's step-by-step on how to make these great little gifts. While you are over there, check out all her other great projects! She is a fantastically crafty lady!

Here is my Completed Teacher gift:
Greenbean labeled this hand scrub as garden hand scrub, so decided to use my Freshly Picked Cart to decorate it. I was able to get these gifts made up rather quickly and in time for the end of the school year. Now I am catching up on my blog posts.

Here is a close up of the little Gnome. He is just so stinking cute! He was cut at 2.5" and finished up with some pen and pencil accents.
Here is the apple bin from page 49. I cut it at 1.35" and used some pens to give some more details. I found a small piece of wood patterned paper in my scrap box and used that to cut the fence layer. I stamped the Thank you using a Stampin' Up stamp and then hand cut the sign.

The flower and leaves on the top of the jar was cut from Mother's Day Bouquet. I inked them up using Distress Ink and stuck a gem in the center. The Ribbon is Martha Stewart Ribbon I picked up at Michael's.


I really like that little Gnome. I think I may have to make one for my Scraproom. :)

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! You are so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Cute!

    Stop by my blog for our Father's Day Blog Hop:)
    Myself and a couple of others are giving away some fun Blog Candy:)
    http://chatterscene-mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete