Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

License Plate Game book

Hi All! Today I am sharing with you my entry into the Cricut Circle Blog's Monthly challenge which is something made for your car for road tripping.

Well my family road trips quite a bit. We are campers and have hauled our trailer to many different states. We have always played the license plate game, so I decided to make a book to use for our game rather than just printing out a new sheet every time we go on a road trip.
For the cover, I took some chipboard and cut it down to size, then adhered the patterned paper to both sides of the front cover. The back cover I left plain.

I used Summer Vacation for the road signs and the Road Trip phrase. I used my Gypsy and Plantin' Schoolbook to weld together the shadow layer of the title. I then cut the regular layer and layered it on top of the welded shadow layer. The paper on the cover was a little too busy for the title alone so I needed to layer the title onto a piece of solid cardstock. I used Ink and gel pens to give my cuts some added depth. The route 66 was added using alpha stickers from my stash.

The patterned paper came from a stack I picked up at Michael's. It's called U.S. travel paper pad by Paper House Productions. It has a nice variety of paper printed with images from around the US.



Here is a picture of the inside pages:
I just made a list in Microsoft Word of all the US and Canadian plates as well as some blank lines for notes and add-ins. (Once we saw a Guam plate!) I printed the list back to back and the used my Bind-it-All to complete the book.

Thanks for visiting today.

have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea. We are always doing the license plate game, yet in our heads but I may have to do this before our next big trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome project!! I just love this idea and think I may just have to recreate it for myself!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete