Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beauty Layout

Hello All! Here I am, two days in a row with posts! Wow I am on a roll. Actually, I am trying to complete my cartridge challenge this month, and I have two cartridges, left to use and only a week to do it. So....Here I am sharing a layout I made using Disney Happily Ever After as well as Pagoda. When perusing the Happily Ever After handbook after I drew it for my challenge, I quickly decided NOT to try to cut any of the Princesses right now, as all my attempts in the past have been less that stellar. So, I chose to use a couple of Accessory cuts from the Mulan Section to showcase my Daughter's costume pictures from the anime convention.
The patterned paper used is from DCWV Far East Stack. I used Elegant Edges to cut the decorative edge to the blue paper. I then layered a 4 inch wide strip of the tan butterfly paper in the stack and then layer 1 inch strip of the rectangular patterned paper over the edge. All papers were inked using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

This cut is called MulFrm2. It is on page 76 in the handbook. I cut the base layer for the frame twice in brown. I then cut the flowers in a pale pinky-peach cardstock that was from my stash. I also cut the top layer from the green circular pattern from the stack. I took a small piece from the butterfly pattern and printed ACEN 2011 on it using Chinese Takeaway font.

Here is the tree from that same page in the handbook. I used the same pinky peach and brown cardstock as the frame.

I decided my layout needed a little more, so I cut a this bridge and shrine from the Pagoda cartridge. I pop-dotted the top layer of the shrine.

My last cut for this layout was also from the Pagoda Cartridge. It is the Kanji word "Beauty" from page 25 in the handbook.

Well glad that is over with...I really do not like those Princess carts too much, I am really hoping that as the Cricut Craft Room Program evolves, that cutting those Princesses will get easier.

Anyway...Thanks for visiting today.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Fun LO and love the pics that you get to use for this one! So much fun -- and you really made it beautiful!
    Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. Way to go, using your cartridges. I still have a few that haven't been used yet.

    ReplyDelete