Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hiking Layout

Hi all! I am so excited to be sharing a layout today. I haven't made any layouts is so long, and I have fallen quite behind in my scrapbooking. My friend introduced me to a great website called Let's Scrap. Its a great community of scrappers, and they offer motivation in the way of challenges using sketches. I am looking forward to working on more layouts in the future.

Here is the sketch for the week of 3/7/12:


Here is my layout for this sketch challenge:


All the papers used were from my stash. The Happy Trails was cut from Camping Critters, the @ was from Graphically Speaking, and the font is Jubilee Runt and Jubilee Basic. I inked the edges of the orange titles. The trees were from a K&Co set from a while ago. I added some brads and twine for a little interest, and a charm from Karen Foster Designs.

Here is a close up of the charm:
Isn't that fun? The charm set also has a Dutch oven, flashlight, canteen, and Camp Lamp. these charms are nice because they are flat on one side.

Thanks for visiting today.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you have joined us over at Let's Scrap and I'm thrilled you have jumped right in there with your first layout. It turned out amazing. The papers/color choices are perfect for your fabulous pictures and I love your title work and the way you did the twine. I hope to see more of your work in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout...storing for later use and Love the compass charm you put on this. Super fun layout.

    ReplyDelete