Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Scarf and flower pin

Hi all,

Today I am sharing a scarf I made using the small flower loom from Knifty Knitter. First of all I wan t to start by saying that I do not know how to knit/crochet or anything like that so I purchased the Knifty Knitter looms to give it a try. I have found that some of the directions are confusing to me, a novice when it comes to knit/crochet terminology, but I figured out how to do the very basic stitch on the loom.

Here is a skinny scarf I made for me and my friends in our favorite pink and green colors!
I loom knitted the scarf until it was 6 feet long, and then I cast it off the loom. I tied on some pink strands for the fringe. Its hard to see, but the hot pink yarn is sparkly. :)

Here is the loom I used and a close up of the flower I made to go on the scarf:
The flower was made by wrapping around the loom in a figure 8 pattern on pegs across from each other. Quite frankly I winged this, and all the flowers I made are a tad different. LOL

i attached a pin to the back of the flower as i was creating the center of the flower on the loom. I then just tied off the ends of yarn on the back side.

I am sorry that my knitter directions are not very clear. I recommend going to You Tube and searching for videos on Loom Knitting. I watched a lot of videos to help me understand what I was doing.

As I stated earlier, I am quite the novice at this, but i really liked making these and I am eager to try another loom project soon.

Thanks for visiting today.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

Jan

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I just started with the Knifty Knitter too and making a scarf on the smallest loom was the first thing I did!

    ReplyDelete