Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

French Manor Cartridge Challenge Jars


I have wanted to make labels for these jars ever since I started this challenge, so when the French Manor cartridge was pulled from the jar, I decided to use it. I chose black and white paper from my scraps stash as my scraproom accent colors are black and white.

I used my gypsy and chose a square tag. I then chose a rounded square from George to make a frame for the tag instead of using the artwork already on the cartridge. Since this cartridge doesn't have a shadow feature for the tags I just sized the back layer up slightly bigger than the front frame layer. I made two of these tages and printed the phrases from my computer and adhered them to the frames.
I also cut the lock and keys from French Manor. I cut each key three times and then glued the three layers together to give it some strength. I glimmer-misted each key and then used some ink to distress them. The lock cut is backed by a scrap of shimmer paper and pop dotted to the frame.

The jar labeled Cartridge challenge holds the slips of paper with the names of the cartridges I have not used yet. The Unlock you creativity jar is where I am putting the cartridge names after I have used them, rather than just throwing them out. Perhaps when I complete this challenge I will start it all over again. LOL Well lets just get through this one first though before I decide whether I will repeat this challenge.

Have a great day!

1 comment: