Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Swan Sympathy Card

This weeks Cartridge Challenge is to use the Wedding solutions cartridge. There are a number of cuts on here that are not wedding specific, like swirls and flowers. I needed to make a sympathy card so I chose to use the Swan cut. All the cuts on this cartridge are fairly simple, only two layers. Plus there is a shadow and blackout key available.


For the Swan, I cut the top layer twice in white, and then the base layer once in black. I used my embossing stylus and a mouse pad, to give the swan a little more dimension. I then cut out the wing from second white layer and attached over the wing on the first layer. I used a couple of Copic Markers; E50 Egg shell, and E51 Milky white, to add a small amount of color to the cuts on the Swan.


I cut a few swirls from the Calligraphy cartridge for the water.

The scalloped Circle is from Mini Monograms, as is its circle layered piece.

The background patterned paper was a scrap leftover from my coupon book post. It came from my stash. I think it might have been from a K and Co boxed set of paper.
The cardstock card base is Bazzil Wildberry Pie. The blue patterned paper used for the circle is Recollections Light Blue.

The sentiment stamp and punches used for the sentiment are all from Stampin' Up.

The ribbon was a remnant piece from my scraps.

Have a Great and Crafty Day!

4 comments:

  1. As always, another beautiful card!!
    I wanted to let you know that I have an award for you over on my blog, please go check it out!

    Liza
    www.hooscrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! It is perfect for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete