Welcome!


I have always enjoyed being crafty. I remember getting really excited about stickers and fun stationary when I was little. Well its good to know that some things in life never change!

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. My love of crafting has branched out to include DIY, projects, gardening, baking, and canning. I hope to share my projects here.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Smiley Cards Birthday Placemat and Card

This is Week 5 of my Cartridge Challenge. It was also my daughter's Birthday this week, so I chose to use a Birthday Image and Phrase from Smiley Cards and make a placemat and matching card for her.

I cut the Birthday Cake image from page 41 in the Handbook. I also used the phrase from that page too. I cut Maddie from Pooh Font. All solid carstock was from my stash, most likely it was Smooth Cardstock from Archiver's. The plum floral paper is from DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack from last year. The thin blue border is older stickers from Creative Memories. I then laminated the sheet using my Your Story Machine. Now we have a placemat that Maddie can use year after year.

Here is a matching card I made for her too.

the card base was from an older, card making kit. I cut a plum piece of paper to gon on the front and tied it with piece of white ribbon from Hobby Lobby. Inside the card I put a matching Ha-P B-Day cut.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment